Wintergirls - Laurie Halse Anderson I really enjoyed this book. I think the author did a really great job giving the reader a peek into the head of someone with an eating disorder. It was dark at times but the way the author depicted the relationships, between both Lia and her parents and Lia and Cassie, made the characters seem real and relatable. This was a book that I couldn’t put down, just because I didn’t have any idea what would happen next, and I so wanted to know. I wanted to know what would happen to Lia. There were times where I got a sense of Lia’s control (or at least her desire for control), and other times where I felt that she was just spiralling out of control. This book may be difficult for some people to read, but through it all, I really felt for Lia, and I wanted her to have a happy ending. I won’t spoil the end of the story, but I recommend this if you’re looking for a young adult book that isn’t afraid to venture into darker territory.(From http://pingwings.ca/?s=wintergirls)