Promise Me Eternity - Ian Fox I was asked by the author to review this book and received a free e-version.In all honesty, I had a difficult time getting through this one, and because I don't want to write anything overly negative, I feel that this will be a short review.The main problem I had with the book was that I didn't like any of the characters. All of the women were portrayed as such shrill, nagging, gold-digging, scheming, money and status obsessed creatures that I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I also had a hard time buying that every female he encountered fell for Dr. Simon Patterson, the protagonist.I thought the plot had promise: Dr. Patterson is a surgeon in a failing marriage, who occupies most of his time outside the hospital with his research into an aging vaccine. One day he saves the life of Carlo Vucci, a mobster, and is invited to Vucci's house for dinner, where he begings to call for Vucci's wife, Christine. His wife ends up murdered and his life is turned upside down as he becomes the prime suspect.The plot became bogged down , though, by the number of characters (most of whom seemed unnecessary to me), and it felt as though it went on longer than necessary. I felt that there was supposed to be suspense, but I just didn't feel it. I really struggled to finish this one, because I felt no interest in the plot or the characters. Unfortunately, I really just didn't care, and wanted to be finished with it all so I could move on to something else.