The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)

The Hunger Games  - Suzanne  Collins I had heard a lot of good things about this book, but avoided reading any particulars about the plot. It had been on my TBR list for a very long time but somehow I never got around to reading it. I’m so glad that I finally read it!This book was so good! Once I started reading it, I couldn’t put it down. I even got up early to read it before work. I was hooked within the first few pages, which is always a good sign. I liked reading about Katniss’s life in her District and how the Games work. Once the Games began, things were so suspenseful that I couldn’t do anything but read this book! The characters were great. Katniss was a really likable character. She was strong and independent, and I thought her cynicism was understandable, given the tough life she’d had so far. I also liked Peeta, the boy representing her district in the Games. Her relationship with Peeta becomes more complicated as the story progresses and I really wanted to see where things went. I was really rooting for Katniss to survive the Games, and even though I was certain that somehow she would, I was still worried for her as conditions during the Games worsened and survival became more and more difficult. I don’t want to give away any plot details, because the story is really good, so if you like YA novels and/or post-apocalyptic books, I strongly recommend this. On second thought, even if you don’t like those kind of books, read this anyway. It’s that good! And now on to the sequel, Catching Fire.(From http://pingwings.ca/the-hunger-games/)